Thursday, June 18, 2020

And welcome to Mercury Retrograde...

Mercury went retrograde last night.

Yep. Breathe in, breathe out, run for cover.

Mercury Retrograde Has Begun! | HuffPost

Mercury Retrograde you ask?

You obviously haven't known me for very long. Mercury Retrograde is a big thing. And it may be seen as hippy dippy crap, but I have a grudging respect for when the planet Mercury starts to  look like is moving backwards across the sky. It happens three times a year for about three weeks. During this time communication goes belly up. So you can expect things like:
  • Communication going out the window
  • Technology problems
  • Delays in transport
  • It takes more time to negotiate and finalise matters
  • Misunderstandings
  • The inability to get agreement on what should be easy.
As a writer, I dislike Mercury Retrograde as thought get blurred more than usual. As a technical writer, I really dislike Mercury Retrograde as it is next to impossible to get agreement and sign off on anything. 

As a human being - Mercury Retrograde is just rubbish, although it is a reason to delay, ponder, postpone and generally get out of things for a few weeks. People think I'm a nutter anyway, but I've been known to say, "Sorry, can't come, Mercury Retrograde - won't make it anyway..." is if it's a good excuse.

Then again,  I know I feel things more deeply during these three week periods when things tend to go to crap. You're allowed to feel a bit more during this time. I now in my astrological natal chart, I have a five planet stellium in Virgo (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto) they affect each other -so things really go a bit mad around these times.

As an introvert, I can cope with it, as it allows me to sit in my own shit and ponder things. It's a time for digging deep, keeping your nose clean and trying to stay out of trouble - which, when you're me - is no mean feat. 

The Good News: Mercury Retrograde is officially over. The Bad News: Everything is now your own fault again. Spiritual Coach, Spiritual Awakening, Spiritual Life, Mercury Direct, Bad News, Funny Memes, Spirituality, Feelings, Think

This Mercury Retrograde has come with a sting. I got news at lunchtime that my uncle had passed away this morning. Of course there is a part of me that wants to do a border run to get over for the funeral next week. But I won't and I can't. I wanted to do a border run to go see him. But I didn't - it's not worth the hassle and the eight hour drive both ways an the fines are gianormous and I'd never forgive myself if I had somehow spread this shitty disease.

But I have a right to sit on the couch tonight and eat ice cream tonight. It's not just Mercury Retrograde. I'm sad.

But the planets are giving this sadness an edge.


Today's Song:



No comments: