Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Deadlines

I have a deadline. 

Midnight Friday.

The Richell Prize. 

And you have to be in it to win it. 

So I am working on my entry. 

A chapter breakdown of my novel - which is next to impossible to do when you work like me and write in a more 'organic' way - so I have to wing it. 

A page of a synopsis - sure, I can do that. 

250 words on why a year of mentoring with a Hachette editor would be a good thing for you. 

And about three chapters or most of a section of the book, up to 20,000 words. 

And I never learn that doing stuff like this should be done over a few weeks not a few nights. Which is daft, as it's just another way of shooting myself in the foot. 

But you have to be in it to win it. 

On the good side of things, I have the 20000 words. 

And I can do some tweaking. 

And all will be well.

I just wish I could get away from having to sit here all day (See below). This is where I work. This is where I write. And I'm a bit over it. Thankfully, next week, I'll be back in the office now that the mask edict has been lifted. 

Anyway, back to it. 

Today's song:



No comments: