Thursday, July 8, 2021

On the good side of things

Just receiving some news which I don't quite know how to process, of course I turned to retail therapy.

The dodgy news is not bad - it's just some stuff with work which will seriously disrupt life for a few weeks at the end of the year. It's all fine - the cat's not going to like it, but them's the breaks.

Anyway, I go and look to appease my soul, I looked to find a way to spend some money. Not much money, as I'm still in povo mode after a month of big bills, but a little bit of money, because this is my outlet when you find out that you're going to be sent to Boganville (the equivalent of Bumfuck, Nebraska) for three weeks to do some training, separating you from your beloved cat for that time. 

Oh, and I have a pimple on my lip line which is driving me spare. 

Enough moaning. I spent some money. 

As we were about to go into lockdown a month ago there was a festival called Rising, which piqued my interest. Anyway, as we got locked down, the festival was shot down and I thought that would be end of it. 

But no. 

Some of the installations are coming back, running again and will be around the traps for a while. 

So I bought myself a ticket to see the Patricia Piccinini exhibition - A Miracle Constantly Repeated

The ticket is for the week after next, at lunchtime. It's being held in the Flinders Street Station Ballroom - a place rarely seen by the public. As I normally work from the office on Thursdays, I've scored a ticket for lunchtime. It's a five minute walk over there and a good excuse to get out for lunch. It's in the diary already. And I admire Piccinini's work. It's strange and disturbing, but provocative work, which I've seen all around the world over the years. 

It feels good to be putting some money into the Arts. 

I've always wondered what was in the rooms above the Flinders Street Station. 

And I will get over the fact I'm being sent to Bumfuck, Nebraska for a few weeks to train. It will be alright. 

I just have to have my knee jerk reaction and let it all out the rant before smiling nicely and knowing that this is a part of my job. 

I have art to go and see. It will make me happy. (And I have a long weekend starting the following day - be thankful for small miracles). 

For more details on the exhibition, click here




Today's Song: 



No comments: