Monday, July 26, 2021

Thought of the Day

Snap Lockdown: Day 11

Mood: I have the minor mehs

A friend had her instagram hacked, and deleted today. There was no recourse for her. Unlike the regular Facebook hacks, where these scumbags cause mischief, bombing your friends with malware, this was something more. They removed her account and photos. Everything is gone. 

Which is a piss awful thing to happen to anybody. She's petitioning Instagram to get access to her account and have it reinistated, but sheesh, having years of photos just taken away like that, with no recourse... gone is the social commentatry, the diatribe and the history.

I don't know how I'd cope if this happened to me. I love my instagram account, not that I'm an influencer or addicted, I just love taking photos. I love flicking back ove the shots from time to time, seeing what I've been up to. The annual black and white challenge has been keeping me busy. I like taking photos. To have this taken away would be soul destroying.  

Subsequently, I've changed my passwords. May as well heed the warning. 

The thought of losing my photos - albeit my small instagram presence with lots of photos of cats, and food, and black and white shots, is too horrid to bear. 


The Barak Building, Victoria Parade

Today's song: 





No comments: