Saturday, July 17, 2021

It's all got a bit too close

 Snap Lockdown: Day 2

Mood: Level


Jay and I didn't time our walk well. It started to tip down as we were about to head off. We might do Pump from the living room tomorrow - though I like the getting out and going for a walk. akes me feel a bit more human. 

This COVID lark has got a bit too close to me.

My coffee shop is a Tier 2 exposure site - it was closed today. This is the coffee shop at the shopping centre, not the one where I get a quick and dirty coffee between meetings, or the hipster joint where it takes about the same amount of time to kill the pig and cure the bacon as it does to provide you with a coffee and a toasted ham and cheese sandwich (but they are very, very good...)

My local Coles is a Tier Two site too. 

I've been to both locations over the past few days - thankfully not on the days or times of exposure. But still. 

Then, talking to a friend this morning, she and her family have to isolate for 14 days. They were at the rugby. Another friend has tested positive. Thankfully, they're fully vaccinated - they're a bit sick, but hopefully the symptoms won't get any worse than an annual flu. Still, my mate and her family are now stuck at home for the next two weeks. 

I might leave some biscuits at the front gate in the next week. 

It also looks like my weekend away next weekend won't be going ahead. Not happy about this, but what can you do?

The writer's workshop the following weekmay happen. We live in hope. 

But it's all got a bit too close. 

Thank goodness for masks and vaccinations. 


Tree and Rosella, Banks of the Yarra, Richmond. 

Today's Song:


No comments: