Monday, August 31, 2020

August Check In - September Goals

Level Four Lockdown: Day Twenty-Nine
Curfew. 8 p.m.
Mood: Middling. Trying to get some work done now the cat has gone down for a sleep.

So, another month has gone and it's time to get myself back on track and have a look at my goals.

I like these bite sized goals - they work well and you can mix things up a bit.

I'm amazed that I've kept this up for the year. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that I've managed tow write a post every day this year, even if I do write rubbish, it's a challenge and good practice.

So, how did I do in August - knowing I went in light:

Write three chapters of the novel.

This got done.

No chips.

I did okay with this. I had chips four times over the month - which is not bad. Twice with fish and chips - a birthday treat, Twice because I lapsed. But I'm okay with this.

Read four books

Read two. Would like to try better next month.

Try and have a good birthday.

I had a lovely birthday, thank you very much.

The exercise will be maintained too.

I've been exercising most days. I do two personal training sessions a week, a couple of walks, and I've integrated a stretch class, a foam roller class and a pilates class in my week. I feel good about this.

And for my September Goals:

Walk 100 kilometres over the month.

The weather is getting better and hopefully the Stage Four Lockdown will mean I can go on longer walks (Not just for the hour within a five kilometre radius of my home). I need to be out more. This should help.

Read fifty pages a day

I want to do this. I love reading and I'm watching too much crap television. 50 pages a day means I should get through 4-5 books this month.

Write three chapters of the novel

This one works well too. I have a looming deadline - 2000 polished words for the Faber Academy Anthology so I want this to happen.

Clean out the spare room

Another job that really needs to be done sooner rather than later. I've been picking at it, but it would be good to do a good job on it, put some stuff on Ebay and the like.

Take a black and white photo a day

Another good reason to get out of the house - and I enjoy playing photographer.

And get the mason's books done

I have a hard date on these - 9 September. The sooner I get these out the way the better.


That will do.

Today's song:




No comments: