Sunday, August 16, 2020

From Friday Five

Level Four Lockdown: Day Fifteen
Curfew. 8 p.m.
Mood: Good - much better for a walk.

I've done what I had to do this weekend. Mopped the floors and organised my online birthday party for next weekend. That is what needed to be done, and it is done. I think we all need a laugh, so I'm hoping for some quality Cards Against Humanity to be played  - online of course - especially as here in Melbourne we have an 8 pm curfew. Friends are being encouraged to dress up for Zoom, and as we'll be in our own living rooms, bring their own booze and nibblies. It might be fun.

In preparation for my iso-birthday, I've also found myself some lemon tirimisu and hokey pokey ice cream. That's what I have got myself for a birthday in isolation where no friends can come around.

At least the numbers are starting to stabilise and come down. That makes this lockdown worth it.

Questions, as always, supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. What makes it easy to talk to someone?

I'm not sure, as I will talk to anybody - and people say I'm easy to talk to. I think smiling eyes and the person's willingness to ask questions make this easy.

2. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?

Too many to list. Most of these have happened on planes. Again, I will talk to anybody. I also travel a lot (when we can) and talking to people takes away the loneliness that can occur when you travel alone.

3. Do you like to argue?

Yes and no. I tend to only argue with people I respect and where I know my opinions will be heard along with me listening ot the other point of view. Occasionally I spoil for a fight. But then again, I pick my arguments very carefully.

4. Some people like to talk about things, and some people like to do things. Which are you?

I like to think I'm a doer. I'm happier when I'm being a doer.

5. Who is easier to talk to – men or women?

Both are fine. Men, when they open up, can be really cool to talk with. Women tend to be more emotionally engaged. As I said, I'll talk to anybody, so it doesn't really matter.

6. What is your favorite place?

Since I've been in this mandated lockdown, the place I find myself happiest is by water - so I'm taking a lot of river walks. My favourite place in the world is where ever I am travelling. Special places to me are Ubud in Indonesia, Toledo in Spain, London, and Angel Place in Sydney.



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by pandorabehr (@pandorabehr) on


7. What is your favorite place in your home?

My bed. It's where me and the cat sleep.

8. Would you most want to live in a city, a suburb or the country?

I love living inner city, and I'm great with that. If I could, I'd live in the country, not too far from town, just for the space and I could have lots of dogs and cats then. But I don't do suburbs. I'm not a suburb type of girl. I don't understand the suburbs. They scare me.

9. What is special about the town you live in?

Melbourne is a special place, even more so when we're not under a State of Disaster and we don't have an 8 pm curfew. But Melbourne has some great things. Some of the best coffee in the world. Australian Rules Football. Art. Theatre. A great cafe scene. The are plenty of great walks around the place. It's really diverse. The public transport isn't bad (especially inner city). You get the greatest Bahn Mi and Pho near where I live. People look you in they eye - and they're not as brash as Sydney people. And for a city of five million people, you can get out into the country in under an hour.

10. How much time do you spend in nature?

As much as I can. As we are only allowed out of  the house for an hour a day for exercise, I try make it down to the river a couple of times a week.



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by pandorabehr (@pandorabehr) on


11. Do you make up a dinner plan for the coming week?

Only loosely. this week, chicken and mushroom risotto and chilli con carne are on the list. I'll also get take out for my birthday, just because.

12. Do you make up a grocery shopping list and stick to it when shopping?

Mostly. I make a list for the critical things. A couple of treats normally find their way into the basket - today it was elderflower tonic. Everything is made better with the addition of elderflower.

13. What is one thing that you always buy, but never write down on a list?

Onions and salad.

14. Is there anything that you always think you are out of and come home with it to discover you already have a year’s supply on hand?

Tinned tuna. I have a lot of it in the cupboard - I don't like it that much, no idea why I bought it. I've make a pact with myself to not buy any more until I'm completely out of the stuff. I'm not a great fan of tuna, bit its good and cheap protein.

15. Do you get your groceries delivered?

No. I'd have to be really sick to get my groceries delivered. Too tight to pay the $7 delivery charge.


Today's song:


5 comments:

Stacy said...

Your birthday party idea sounds great, a wonderful way to adapt to things and still have fun! Happy birthday, by the way. I celebrated mine yesterday. All the best people were born in August. ;)

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Cats love tuna if you want to get rid of it.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

I love to be near the water too. It really is so peaceful. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Kwizgiver said...

The The--oh, how that takes me back to my college days!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hope you have an amazing Zoom birthday. Happy Birthday 🎁🎉🎂
Lock down is the only way to flatten the curve. It’s tough but it’s necessary.