Sunday, August 23, 2020

What's to Eat?

Level Four Lockdown: Day Twenty-Two
Curfew. 8 p.m.
Mood: Level. Better for a shower and new Lucifer episodes on Netflix

Well, it appears you can have a birthday party online. Cards Against Humanity online went down a treat last night. Still felt a bit strange putting on makeup to go to a party in your living room, but it's amazing how much better you look for the camera. It was a great night.

Anyway, on with the questions, supplied, as always, by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. How old is the oldest expired thing in your refrigerator?

I bought a new fridge recently, (well in the last year) so everything out of date was pitched out then. But I do have a jar of vegemite in the cupboard with an expiry if 2014. It's fine - vegemite will go through a nuclear blast and still be fine.

2. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done on a date?

I've been on very few dates. But I do remember one very drunked night I was out with a friend in Soho in London, where we danced, and drank, and at one time ended up in a sex shop at three in the morning. It was a great night. Fun.

3. What animal most closely resembles your eating style?

Probably a labrador. I eat anything, any time. I like food.

4. Have you ever sent someone a text you didn’t mean to?

Yes, regularly. Thankfully, 99% of the time when that happens it's harmless.

5. If you could learn any language fluently, which would it be?

French or Spanish. Or French and Spanish. I love languages and I've got a good base in both of these.

6. Would you rather be bald or covered head to toe with hair?

I'd rather be bald - think of the money you'd save on shampoo and waxing.

7. Do you think you’re brave?

Yes. But not as brave as I could be. But I do front up when I need to.

8. What horror fiction character scares you the most?

I can put up with everything but zombies. I really don't like zombies.

9. What food do you crave more than any other?

Ice cream. Love ice cream. I'm trying to be good not having ice cream. But ice cream is the sixth food group and it must be eaten fairly regularly.

11. What’s the most clever word you know?

I love the word serendipity. Awesome word. Doesn't get used very much. I also like juxtapose, notwithstanding, obstreperous and idiosyncratic. Love multi-syllabic words.

12. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

Nope, but hopefully it's quiet and peaceful and surrounded by friends.

13. What do you collect that nobody knows about?

Other than strange people as friends - red lipsticks and elephant figurines.

14. Have you ever eaten only candy for dinner?

Yes, but not for a long time.

15. Have you ever taken anything illegally across a border?

Just myself. Another long story of another time, for another time.

16. Have you ever blown your nose in anything other than a tissue?

Do paper napkins and toilet paper count. In Australia, toilet paper is the fall back tissue of choice.

17. Are you a good time manager?

I can be when I need to be.

18. Has life been hard on you?

Generally no. I get through the hard times. Through this pandemic I've been particularly lucky.

19. What is the absolute worst song in the world?

This - or anything off Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell album.



20. What is your culinary specialty?

I'm known for the sweet stuff - I make awesome lemon polenta cake, chocolate cake, brownies and my melting moments (yoyos) are to die for.

Today's Song:


5 comments:

Stacy said...

I like the same kinds of words. One of my favorites is copacetic. I forgot about toilet paper as tissue. When my kids were growing up it was the tissue of choice because they'd sit and just pull all the Kleenex out of the box one after the other. It was an economic choice. LOL

Kwizgiver said...

I never got the appeal of Meatloaf's songs. Especially the one about objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are. I mean... really?

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I like Bat Out of Hell - Sorry about that.

I haven't started Lucifer season 5 yet - I think we'll wait until all episodes are on Netflix (I believe it will be in two parts).

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

I watched Lucifer for the first couple of seasons, but not after that. I can't remember why I gave it up.

Lola said...

I like “Bat out of Hell” too.

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com