Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Iso-Birthday Planning

Level Four Lockdown: Day Ten
Curfew. 8 p.m.
Mood: Better for seeing actual people (even if masked up and socially distanced) and doing a PT session (Over Zoom, in the lounge room - will have to apologise to the stoners downstairs for the noise)


Today's dilemma. It's my birthday next week. What to do?

I'm not a big birthday person. I do big things for the big birthdays. Two years ago, six mates and me went to Bali for a couple of days. That was awesome. But this is a run of the mill birthday.

Still - what can you do when you're trapped in a flat with a cat on the day?

The obvious thing to do is ignore it's even happening. It's just another birthday. Every other ordinary birthday I might go out to dinner with friends, or grab a movie or somerthing. Not this year.

The Soap Guy is threatening to bring me over fish and chips, after my workout with Cleo and before curfew of course. I'll see if that happens - it would be lovely if it does happen. Again, just to see another person - and fish and chips... I don't have them very often, but I love when I do.

But I'm looking at what I can do to celebrate my birthday. We need more celebrations in this world. it's all a bit mournful.

Of course I could host quarantine drinks on the Saturday night. It's a busy week - training, school, book group - all online, but all there. I just think it's a bit strange having a drink with a lot of friends online - especially as lots of my friends don't know each other.

There is the opportunity to maybe play Cards Against Humanity online with some friends - that could be a goer. If there is an online version of Cards Against Humanity. Along with most others, I could use the laugh. And the good thing about online Cards Against Humanity at home is you can drink as much as you want and you don't have to drive.

See the source image

Maybe just make time to catch up with people, online, over the weekend. That might work. I meet up with most of my friends this way anyway. That might be it.

But it's really hard to plan anything at this time. I can see myself reading, writing and talking to the cat. Just another day really.

And on the Saturday night, I'l probably be on the couch in my oodie, eating ice cream while binge watching the new episodes of Lucifer.

We will see what goes.

If anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Today's song:





1 comment:

Meredith said...

My Cleo's birthday is in a fortnight. We're hosting 12 friends on zoom, that agenda being: virtual pass-the-parcel, alphabet treasure hunt, cake/singing/candle blow-out. If you need further intel on any of these exciting options, just say the word :)