Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Bitch from Hell

According to my cat, I'm the bitch from hell. 

I've been acting strangely over the last few days - re-arranging things, throwing things out , shredding paper, packing bags, moving things about. 

He's very much a creature of habit, and throwing things out of kiltre is not something he likes at all. Arrive half an hour late for dinner and I'm told off. Don't get up to feed him at 7 am - I get told off (or jumped on with his full weight. Bring people home and he hides. 

Then, yesterday,  horror of all horrors, I put his collar on. He's not worn a collar since I brought him home. He's an inside cat, so there's no need for a collar at home. So something was up - and he knew it. He also got wormed and got a flea treatment. That didn't go well either.

At 3 pm, I committed the worst crime. He was placed in the cat carrier. The look of indignation on his face was priceless. 


Then  he was taken to the car - and placed in the big cage for the big trip to Horsham.

We stopped at Blarney's on the way out, exchanging gifts, a final quick cuddle of Kylo and Rey and then on our way. Blarney came to says hello to the captive. He wasn't happy.

But on the whole, he's been a trooper. The occasional wail came from the back seat. He sat in his litter tray all the way there, daft git, but as I keep telling him, whatever makes him comfortable. 

We left Melbourne at three. After aquaplaning most of the way to Ballarat, making a quick stop at Ararat for a walk and a pee, then onto Horsham, where the lad is now exploring after having the obligatory hour or so under the bed in the cabin. He's now checking out what is behind every curtain and nibbling at his dinner. As it's a bit cold, I have a feeling he'll snuggle up with me tonight. 

I can recommend the Horsham Riverside Caravan Park. It's quiet, spottlessly clean, easy to find and it takes pets. Just what you need when you have to break up a trip. I took a great deal of joy as I watched the sun go down over the river from my small deck, listening to the cockatoos and corellas as they made their way to their sleeping spots. I often forget how much I love the country

But tomorrow, I'll once again be the bitch from hell, as I shove him back in the car and drive the 450 kilometres back to Myponga, where Nanny and Poppy, as they are known, who will be looking after him for the next few weeks. 

But for tonight, he can continue exploring the five metre by five metre space, play with Nemo, stick and ribbons and Bunnings bag and sleep on blankie, which has come with us from Melbourne, because he loves blankie. And I feel like I'm travelling with a toddler.

But he's been here two hour now, he's wandering around and exploring. He's talking to me - but I wonder, after another five hours in the car tomorrow, if he will love me still. 


Today's Song:



No comments: