Friday, December 18, 2020

Holiday!

 I am officially on holiday. 

At 4 pm I turned off my work laptop, unplugged it and put it in a drawer with my headset and work notepad, and there it can stay until 4 January. 

I've worked at this company since 17 February. In that time I've had one sick day and taken two days of leave  - one just after my birthday and then the day before cup day. So this is the first extended break I'm having in nearly a year. 

And it's needed. 

So far on my holiday, I've had a massage, got my favourite takeaway (Grill'd chicken burger and some sweet potato chips) paid a visit to Gelato Messina (for a tub with Pannacotta with Fig and Amaretti, Salted Caramel and White Chocolate and Macadamia Crunch - this will last me a while). We downed tools at 3 pm and I cracked open that bottle of Mr Black coffee liqueur, a nip had over ice - and it was as delightful as I thought it might be. 

But having two weeks off, what does one do when one is on holiday? Especially when you can't go out of the country without quarantining on the return?

Well, here are a few things that need doing:

  • Write
  • Paint out the flat - well both bedrooms and the lounge/hallways - including ceilings and some doors
  • Drive to Adelaide with the cat
  • Leave the cat with my mother (who is not so secretly over the moon about this) The cat will be collected at the end of January once the painting is done - this is what the Australia Day long weekend is for.
  • Drive home from Adelaide after Xmas
  • See some Shakespeare
  • Take in Blarney's cats for 10 days (and as Lucifer is at Mum's place, no fights)
  • See some films
  • Read some books
  • Exercise daily
  • Try to see some friends when I'm both in Adelaide and when I get home
  • Try not to live in Bunnings over this time - I'm going to Bunnings tomorrow morning, once a mate drops me a ladder
Does this sound like a holiday? Not really. Would I rather be elsewhere? Yes, but there is nowhere to go at the moment. Certainly can't go to Sydney at present.

I'm also hoping there are no border issues in the next week coming back from Adelaide. Fingers are crossed that things remain okay. I'm feeling for friends in Sydney. Here's hoping this is all quashed quickly. 

But in the meantime, I'm on holiday. Which means I think I might have another coffee liqueur - because it's awesome. 

Yay. 

Today's Song: 





No comments: