Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Please, no more, enough already

I've made it 15 days into #whamaggedon without being caught. Okay, I've spent very little time in shopping centres and shops so the chance of hearing Last Christmas by Wham is slim - well hopefully. Last year, I got done on the second of December. It's such an insidious song.

Talking of insidious, I have to bring up my despair at seeing Delta Goodrem being wheeled out at this time. 

Let me say it plain. I don't like Delta Goodrem.

And I have nothing against her as a person. She seems to be an okay person. She does a bit for charity. I don't want to see her dead or anything. 

But I can't stand her music. 

It's bland. It's banal. And why does she have to play the piano and wiggle her shoulder while she sings. 

Her voice, to me, is like nails on the blackboard, amplified, and mixed in with a car alarm and rutting cats. 

I just don't get why they keep letting her sing?

So Channel Nine is plugging her Christmas album.

Give me strength. 

I think it's her banality which gets me the most. Like, I'm not that fond of Adele, Ed Sheeran, Maria Carey, Celine Dion and a number of other singers who are overplayed and overrated - but these artists, unlike Delta, seem to have a bit of range.

Everything Delta sings sounds the same.

And it's not that interesting.

Okay, my ears start to bleed when she comes on. 

Personally, I think she should be relegated to those musos who play at Carols by Candlelight - who appear to be mostly those who were on Young Talent Time back in the day. And Sylvie Palladino, who ever she may be.

So I hear Delta Goodrem and change the channel. 

She's just not my cup of tea.

And now I have to play one of my favourite 90's songs to feel better about life.

Today's song:





No comments: