Thursday, December 10, 2020

I'm tough

I'm so tough I drink cordial straight from the bottle...

Tonight, we had our first session with our stand-in trainer. He's tough. He's really tough. He's so tough he has a miniature dachhund called Cisco. 

Don't let that fool you - although he's marshmallow underneath, our stand-in trainer is a drill sergeant in bogan clothing. I do have a soft spot for Charlie - he's a nice guy when you get to know him.

But he works you. He works you hard. 

So, it was three rounds of the following circuit. To be completed in 45 minutes. 

  • 15 x TRX rows

  • 20 x 9 kg ball slams
  • 60 second plank
  • 16 x alternating high-low woodchops
  • 12 x shoulder press/lunge step outs (each side)
  • 12 x torsinator squat shoulder press (each side0
  • 16 x back lunge bicep curls
  • 15 x cross body wall slams
  • 30 x bosu ball mountain climbers

Most of these were done at what is known as Giles' weights - when Cleo is away, we hijack Giles' session with Charlie. He says we make him work harder and put him to shame. 

I also walked to and from the gym.

And subsequently I need a shower and have to go to bed now. 

But I'm a 52-year-old woman who can do this stuff. And I am very proud of this. Because I'm tough.

And I didn't whine once. Cos if I did, Charlie would kick my arse even more. 


Today's song:


No comments: