Monday, December 21, 2020

Procrastination 101

Or How to Put Yourself in the Doghouse.

Things I want to get done by Tuesday 3 pm:
  • Clear out and clear the spare room
  • Tape up the spare room ready for painting
  • Paint out the spare room
  • Pack for Adelaide
  • Go to the gym
  • Bake some biscuits for the soap guy (belated Xmas present / early Xmas present)
  • Do some writing
  • Do some reading
  • Hoover the flat
  • Do the hard floors
  • Pack the car
  • Go see Blarney and Barney
Things I have done to this point:
  • Got a start on cleaning out the spare room
  • Disposed of all of my Master's notes
  • Shredded 10 years of tax returns (2002-2012)
  • Put a collar on the cat
  • Gone to the gym for pump
  • Had dinner with Jonella
  • Had coffee with Jay and Trish after the gym
  • Watched a lot of bad telly
  • Finished my Xmas shopping
  • Realised just how much crap I need to shed from my flat. 
I was a bit misguided in thinking I could clear, clean and paint my spare room before I went to Adelaide. 

It hasn't happened.

Blarney has a cold. I won't be seeing Blarney until she's had a COVID test. 

The car will be packed tomorrow. I'll get packing my clothes and get other stuff ready tonight.

What is most disconcerting is I put a collar on Lucifer in preparation for the trip. He is not happy. you'd think I'd killed his puppy, stolen his girlfriend and made him eat a poo sandwich all in a day - and what did I do? I put his collar on. I think it prudent if we travel, that he wear his collar in case he escapes. He is not happy with me in the slightest. He knows something's going on. I'm not sure how he's going to feel about staying in a caravan park cabin for the night tomorrow. And I know, when he settles, he'll have a wonderful time at Nanny and Poppy's place for a month - but for the moment, I have a recalcitrant cat sitting under his blanket with flattened ears, a thumping tail and he's giving me the stink eye. 

I'm in the doghouse. 

Wish me luck getting him in the car tomorrow.


Today's Song:



No comments: