Sunday, July 19, 2020

More Questions from Facebook

Another day, another decree from the government. As of Thursday, all people over 12 are required to wear a mask when outside. The libertarians are going to have a field day. Me, I'm not fussed. I've got my masks, both disposable and washable, I've been wearing one to go into the city and the shops for a while now. I look like a bushranger, but so does everybody else. Mnd you, we've been told to stay in our suburbs. Thankfully my suburb is lovely and has the river to walk along. It's lovely - and close to home. 


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by pandorabehr (@pandorabehr) on



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by pandorabehr (@pandorabehr) on


Questions, as always, supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. What's your favorite movie from your childhood and why?

I used to love The Sound of Music as a child. I still love it, but please don't tell anybody. 

2. What is home to you?

Somewhere where I feel safe and at one. My flat in Melbourne is my physical home. South Australia and the Fleurieu Peninsula is my generational home. London and Toledo are my spiritual homes. 

3. Do you get emotionally invested in stories? (I'm asking about movies, books, tv shows, whatever medium you like your stories in.)
All the time. I'm a sook.

4. What is the most physical damage you've ever received without needing medical intervention (so no stitches or splints or anything)?

Oh, that would be Bruce the Bum Bruise. I tripped over, and my left arse cheek landed on the edge of a garden bed and I had a black bum cheek for weeks - with a lump about the size of an orange in my butt. It took 18 months to resolve completely. It was awful. Looking back, I should have got medical attention for it.

5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Lots of wood. 

6. Do you have any obsessions? Like Tv shows, or cats or something. Not addictions.

Yes, I have a few. Clive Owen. Lucifer (the television show and my cat), Suits, The Pixies (US rock band), Monty Python, Shakespeare and The Young Ones. There are a few more, but I'm associated with all of these. 

7. What question or question would you like God to answer?

Why do you have to be such a bastard at times?  Why did you ever make Donald Trump, Boris Johnson and Scott Morrison?

8. Do you bite your nails?

Thankfully, no.  But I still suck my thumb when tired or stressed. 

9. What do you like about the place you live, I mean your housing, apt, house, mobile home, etc

It's central, it's safe, it's quiet, the rent is reasonable and it's near everything I need. It also has a carport. Never a bad thing. 

10. What do you like about the city or town where you live?

Good coffee, nice people, it's good for the Arts and it's got a mild climate. It does get a bit hot in Summer, but the heatwaves don't last too long. It's also a dry climate. Melbourne is often cited as one of the most livable cities in the world. 

11. Is there one place you have visited that you wish you could live there?

I could happily live in Boston, in particularly Cambridge, near Harvard. I loved it there. I also lived on a Greek Island for a few months - I'd happily do that again. I love island life. 

12. What's your favorite cookie to snack on?

I don't have cookies very often, but I'm partial to the white chocolate and macadamia cookies you get from Subway. Of store bought biscuits, Lemon Crisps and Venetians are the bomb. 

13. Are you a Apple person or PC type person and why?

I work off PCs - it's just easier and I know the drill, but my phone and tablet are Apple - and I think I will remain a disciple of the Church of Apple for a long time to come. 

14. What's your favorite things about the Zoo?

The seals. Melbourne Zoo has a great seal enclosure. I can sit there and watch them for hours. 

15. Did you grow up in the country, city or small town and what did you like about it (or hate about it if you didn’t like it?)

From the age of eight, I grew up in the country. Though I hated parts of it (the isolation, the small town mentality) I did like the freedom the country gave - that and the space. 

16. What kinds of things were you into and do when you were growing up?

Books, movies and animals. Nothing much has changed. 

17 .Do you enjoy receiving letters or postcards more, and why?

I love getting postcards as it's just nice that somebody is thinking of you while they're on holiday. They also look great on the fridge. 

18. Do or did you know any of your great-grandparents? Tell me about them.

No. they were all well gone by the time I came along. I did know all of my grandparents.

19. Do you like to be outdoors? What is your favorite thing to do there?

Now that we are locked down again, I take every opportunity to get outside. I'm a walker and a swimmer, but happy to do most things outside. Eating and drinking inparticular. 

20. Have you ever broken a bone or been badly injured?

Nothing too bad. I've broken a toe - thankfully that's the worst of it. 


Today's song:



7 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

What is "sook"? Never heard of that.

We're still in masks - they are mandatory in shops and on public transport but, bizarrely, not in pubs and restaurants (although trying to eat and drink with a mask on would be amusing.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Stacy said...

A Greek island would be lovely, I'm thinking. My choice was an island, too, but while pretty it's not as stunning as the photos I've seen of the Greek islands. "My Life in Ruins" is my go to winter escape film just because of the beautiful scenery.

Kwizgiver said...

If traffic wasn't such a nightmare, I would love to live in Boston. I agree that Cambridge is a fantastic part of the city!

Lori said...

Yes! Those white macadamia cookies from Subway are fantastic! I always get one of those when I go to Subway, which isn't that often. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

Your "bum bruise" sounds terrible!

LA Paylor said...

I wish they'd order everyone to wear masks outside here... but alas we're in America where people "have their riiiiiiiiiiiiiights" I sucked my thumb too, well into grade 10, at night to go to sleep"
I love Boston and New England in general... we may even return there when dh retires. We don't fit into Colorado at all.
(few people around us wear masks, they don't believe in them. We wear them for self defense, and because it might help)
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

songbird's crazy world said...

I love seals too