Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Patience, Grasshopper

I'll be making the most of tomorrow. At the time of writing, we have abbout 25 hours left of freedom before the second lockdown starts.

With any luck, these will ease in the last minute on the day of my birthday (19 August). Here's hoping. Hoping for a nice birthday present from Dan Andrews. And I'm glad we have Dan. Though not perfect, he's a good man in a crisis.

I'm glad I got to go to the cinema on the weekend. I'll review David Copperfield in the coming days. But I need to work all this out in my head. Six weeks of lockdown.

It's okay, it's six weeks. 42 days Lots can be acheived in this time.

I did a tarot reading for a friend this afternoon. My words were fairly straightforward  - as clear as I can be when I'm reading cards. The cards were all there. As I wrote up the reading, I took some comfort from the cards I'd drawn for my friend.

This is the universe kicking our arses. This is big, swift, unrelenting change – but it's needed. It’s time to take a more compassionate look at humanity. We’ve been put in the philosophical and universal naughty corner and it’s time for us to clear the way forward. Life isn’t going back to how it was, but it doesn’t mean we are going to come out of this worse off. It’s a time to look for the semaphore signallers for the way forward, and to get comfortable with ourselves, our lives and our realms. The High Priestess and the World again. We need to draw strength from ourselves first – and accept that things are changing.

Hell, I read like Jonathan Cainer...

Anyway, I'm taking a philosphical bent to these next six weeks.

Tomorrow I'm:

  • Going to a socially distanced team meeting at the pub. We were going to do this Thursday. It's been brought forward a day. 
  • Collect my mail from the city. There's a parcel waiting for me. 
  • Pick up cat food - the lad will be very unhappy if I don't have any grub for him. 
  • Go to the gym for the last time in a long time. I'm going to see if I can beg some pump equipiment off the guys seeing we returned it only on Friday. It was great having it in the house during the first lockdown. 
  • Get food - in particular go to the local butcher as Coles was out of meat tonight. I'm right for the rest. 
  • And do some work. I kicked a couple of professional goals today and I'm in the bosses good books. 
I'm lamenting a few things: 
  • The fact the gym is closing tomorrow night - it was great being back. 
  • That we've had to cancel the Hamilton night we were going to have at a friend's place. Maybe time to get that Disney streaming trial. 
  • The Gunnas Retreat is postponed until sometime in the future.
  • Teddy's birthday celebrations are on hold. 
  • Book group is being held on Zoom (not a bad thing, we can hear each other talk)
  • It's back to one on one with Cleo in the park. 
But very grateful for others:
  • I'm healthy.
  • I've got a job which I can do from the lounge room.
  • I can exercise one on on with friends - which means I can still walk with Kaz, Jay and maybe even Blarney every so often. 
  • You can still shop for essentials.
  • I've got masks and hand sanitiser. 
  • I've got a paid up zoom account.
  • I got to see a movie in a theatre before the lockdown.
  • I've got people who check in on me (and vice versa)
  • I can still exercise with Cleo, my trainer, in the park.
  • I've got catch ups with friends marked in the calendar over zoom at regular occurences.
  • There are enough books in my lounge to keep me reading for years. 
  • School is held over Zoom - and this is fine too. One of our class has fled back to Sydney (she went last week) so it's good we'll be all together. 
It's okay. I'll be okay. Lockdown is better than the alternatives of getting sick and having people sick and dying all around you. If anything, my head is in a better space this time.

And Mercury is coming out of retrograde in the next week (12 July).

I'm playing by the rules. 

It just feels a bit hard. 

And I have to keep reminding myself that lots can be acheived in 42 days. 



Today's song:


No comments: