Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Head too full of rubbish

The list of things I want to do tonight is massive. It's 9 pm. The Varuna application is due tomorrow. I'm just out of school, I had a day at work, a lunchtime meeting with my tutor and I went for my walk before work.

So some stuff got done.

The cat behaved like a toddler on red cordial all day. Very demanding. My hand has been shreddred by his murder mittens - this was not provoked - he just wanted my attention. It seemed to come when I was in meetings. Just what you need - shrieking like banshee when he claws your side - just with one claw. Little bastard.

School was full of gems. Our new teacher is lovely - a bit more aetherial than the old one, gave us some gems. We have more homework - we have to find the start of a novel we like - oh my - where do you begin? Middlesex? The Year of Wonders? The Natural Way of Things? Too many good starts to choose from.

But  have so much to think about with this book.

The big questions - what does my protagonist want? I think I have that one down.

We were also reminded that we write because we're scrating and itch of something you don't understand - I liked that.

But now I have to focus on trying to get something sorted for the Varuna Fellowship. I've got some of it done - but not all. I'm thinking that I'm throwing good money away, but my new tutor, when I mentioned this to her, said you have to put yourself forward for everything. I'm on the way, of sorts - but it's a hard thing to do.

At least I don't have to put any work forward to the class for another three weeks.

My head is full.

Time to try and power down for a bit.



Today's Song:




No comments: