Friday, July 24, 2020

If things were different

If things were different:

  • I'd be down the Great Ocean Road
  • I'd be settling into my room, which used to be a confessional in a chapel in a monastery just out of Apollo Bay
  • I'd have dropped Lucifer off at Blarney's place and praying he didn't eat her kittens (or spend the long weekend hiding under the bed)
  • I'd be putting on my shy face as I meet all these new people
  • I'd be going outside and watching the stars, as the stars are so much better down the Great Ocean Road
  • I'd be told again and again not to stack my plates by the wondrous Ash
  • I'd be eating food that wasn't prepared by me - yummy food, nutritious food
  • I'd be hoping that Hugo had come along and made his cheesecake again
  • I'd be contemplating the lunacy of skinny dipping in the Southern Ocean at dawn in the middle of winter
  • And getting on my 80s music knowledge on and try not to get too competetive
  • And look forward to the best ever Poke Bowls I've ever had (though they could do with a bit more pickled ginger, but I'm probably not allowed to say that out lond) 
  • And I would have had lunch in Colac with my Uncle's daughter in Colac
  • And there would be lots of wonderful writing exercises
  • And the amazing fellowship of 30-odd likeminded souls

But we are in the middle of a pandemic, so I will be:
  • Walking the banks of the Yarra
  • Doing online exercise classes
  • Trying to find 2000 words for my new tutor (and polishing them accordingly, but really, it's just polishing a turd)
  • And doing that Varuna Fellowship application
  • And talking to the cat
  • And going to Meditation on Saturday morning
  • And talking to the cat again
  • Ironing
  • Tidying up
  • Maybe doing the Mason's books
  • And yeah, that is about it.
I know which version of reality I would prefer to be in - but saying that, at least I'm safe, there is a roof over my head and all is basically well, even if I can't do the things I would prefer to be doing. 

The Writer's Retreat will happen in time. 

Just need to find somewhere that delivers decent poke bowls.

Today's Song:


No comments: