Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Reasons to Wash my Car

Mercury Retrograde is hitting me hard - and honestly, I just want to get into bed and read my book.

I was going to do a best self card, but I don't feel like it.

I could write along with Dev - don't feel like that either.

My day has been a bit strange. I've had three rather long conversations where I've listened to colleagues rant. I spent a lot of time saying, 'Aha.....aha.... really..... aha....'.

My other big task was arranging the face-to-face, socially distanced team meeting. With two of us in my suburb, another inner bayside and one inner West, none of us are affected by the mandatory lockdown. So we're getting together to have lunch. We haven't seen each other for three months in the flesh. It's been sanctioned by our team lead and we're all a but excited about it. As long as we can stay out of lockdown.

I've also been thinking about the things I need to do.

Today I've also:

  • Been to the gym
  • Done my 20 things
  • Read for half an hour
  • Played with the cat - he was doing his magic jumping and sitting in his shopping bag
  • Made some notes for the novel
And I've found a job that really needs to be done. Wash my car.

It looks like it's driven across the Nullabor. Twice. On the back roads. It's no longer red, more a dusty brown. It needs to be taken for a bath at the local car wash. 

There are reasons I should wash my car:
  • I'm normally car proud
  • It's filthy
  • It might blend in with local mud puddles, and we can't have that
  • The neighbours cars are all cleaner than mine
Then there are reasons I shouldn't wash my car:
  • It's only going to get dirty again
  • The weather is not going to be wet enough to rinse off any dust
  • Every time I go past the car wash place, there's a lineup
  • I need change to wash the car. Since COVID-19 came about I've used no cash - it's all been tap and go. I don't have $5 in coinage to feed the car wash - and I can't split a $50 - the only note I have on me at the moment.
Maybe I could run it through the automatic car wash - I think you have to get a voucher at the servo next door - I remember my grandmother taking me through the car wash as a kid. I loved it. I loved it so much I opened the window. (In my defence, I was four-years-old).

In other words, I'm procrastinating.

Ah well. Eleven more days of Mercury Retrograde. At least, at home, I can't get into too much trouble.


Today's Song:


No comments: