Friday, July 31, 2020

July Check in - August Goals

It's 9.30, I have school tomorrow and still I have two crits to do for class, which starts at 9 a.m. I've had dinner, done a crit, done a roller class and a day of work. But we persist.

It's goal day. Yay. Let's see how we did in July.


1) Work on the novel every day.

Nearly done. Sometimes I just thought about it, other days I wrote. would have liked to have done more, but I've been chipping away at this. I also put some of this in for my Varuna Fellowship application. We'll see how that goes.


2) Read four books

I've read two, half way through another. Damascus nearly did me in. Now reading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - and I'm not enjoying it. Ho hum.


3) Eliminate gluten, dairy and sugar from my diet

I've not done badly on this. Though not perfect, I've minimised most of these things. Sugar is the hard one, but we've been not too bad.


4) Get at least 45 minutes of exercise five times a week.

Done, goal acheived. Exercise keeps me sane.

5) Every day, deal with 20 things.

I've got a 50% one this. I fell off the wagon mid month, but for the first two weeks, I dealt with 20 things in the flat on a daily basis. It was good. Need to get back to this goal.

6) Get the Mason's books done by the end of the month.

Didn't happen. Still in a pile by the bookshelf - but on the good side of things, I did buy a printer meaning I can get started on this soon. On the other side of things, I can't drop the books down with the person who will take these to the accountant as she is well out of my suburb.

And August's Goals?

Well, I'm going light on goals this month. It's my birthday in the middle of the month and I'm not putting any more pressure on myself considering we're in lockdown and it looks like it's about to get worse with more restrictions.

So because it's birthday month I'm going light.

Write three chapters of the novel.

Should be doable. It's a challenge, but doable.

No chips.

Chips have snuck back into my diet. I don't need chips. As I have a doctors appointment in a fortnight I'm on a very clean eating regime until then. But no chips. Chips are comfort food. I need comfort - I just don't need chips.

Read four books

Time to get on that one again. I'm a writer. I need to read.

Try and have a good birthday.

We're in lockdown. I have to try and have a good day.

The exercise will be maintained too.

But I feel good about these goals. I'm hoping August, no matter how restricted in movement we are, will be a good month.


Today's song:




No comments: