Monday, July 13, 2020

Things I should do

Lockdown: Day 5

It's another list day. Now that Mercury is out of retrograde, I should be feeling a bit more creative and focussed. After doing tzaddi (צ) in meditation the other day, I was also hoping for a bit of inspiration. I know the meditation thing means nothing to most people, but often these fortnightly sessions have a profound affect on me. Mind you, during Saturday's meditation, the cat was bothering me through the session, wanting to play laser pointer. It wasn't fun and it didn't do well for a deep and relaxing time.

Anyway, instead of getting some great creative thunderbolts, I got nothing. Zip, nada, no mas. The brain in empty. It's so empty that I joyfully did a day of donkey work today at work, without complaint. Mind you, I find donkey work - the work you do that you'd pawn off the the work experience kid if you could, quite rewarding. It's good to see the fruits of your labour - in my case, this was preparing the shells of work instructions for the current release. This, in between playing laser pointer with the cat, it was a good day.

I also had a good session with Cleo out in the park. At least it's dry and not too windy. At least we're keeping Cleo employed. She put me through my paces - and she made me run at the end of the session. Just a few hundred meters. It was done at a shuffle. It was good - but I haven't run for more than a minute or so for ages. Hmm

The novel has stalled for a few days. Some of this is because I've been getting my head around lock down again. Some of this is me just not feeling the love.

But there are things I need to do tonight.

I'm setting my alarm clock for 6.30 a.m. so I can go for an early walk, get that out the way.  (Done)

The dishes need doing. I like waking up and the dishes are done. (Next thing to do after the blog)

I'd like to read 50 pages before going to sleep - mind you, the novel isn't grabbing me. (Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens. I talked about this with Gloria and Valerie on the weekend. Gloria, who loves Pratchett said that I remind her of him. I don't get it. He takes the piss out of everything. I don't do that! Moi?)

I also need to pen a quick email to one of my writing tutors. My favourite of the two tutors is not coming back to Faber next term (which starts next Tuesday). She's wonderful. She was wonderful 20 years ago when she taught me short story. She'll be missed - and I'm just a little gutted. But our other tutor is wonderful and she's being replaced with somebody who will be great too. But I'm going to miss her.

I need to send out an email to the Faber group about tomorrow night. (After the dishes)

I should hoover - but I'll do that tomorrow sometime.

There is a need to contact one of my gym trainers - she's doing online pilates classes - I want to get on board with that as I have been meaning to do this for months. She's great.

And I should not let this whole lockdown thing get me down. It's not bad, it's not forever.

But it is a bit discombobulating.



Today's song:


No comments: