Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Possible blog post topics

It is twenty past ten.

I have just got off a two hour conference call on Masonic business. My brain has left the building.

I'm at 'Fire bad. Tree pretty".



I've been pondering what to write about - which can be a problem when you're writing a blog post a day sometimes. I don't have the time or inclination to do a Catherine Deveny write along post. I'm not in the mood to do a best self card as I'm not in a state to go navel gazing.

I could pull a tarot card and write about that. The eight of pentacles. Just keep working. Boring.

There's the write about my day. I went training in the park with Cleo and Jay - it says clearly in the tenets from the GuVMnt that you can work out with one other plus a personal trainer. But hauling iron on the edge of a vacant playground at dusk isn't that interesting. I asked Cleo and Jay what I should write about, but they said work, and  don't write about work.

Cancer has been the matter of the day. A friend came back with a cancer diagnosis this afternoon. It's been caught early - I hope the matter will be resolved soon - it's a treatable condition so fingers crossed. More worrying, a family friend's granddaughter has to go in for brain surgery again to have a brain tumour removed at the end of the week. The child, a force of nature, is all of four-years-old. That sucks badly. Then Jonella attended the virtual funeral of a family friend, having to suffer the double injustices of having the friend die, but at present, only ten socially distanced witnesses can attend the funeral and a more comforting, united form of grief is not available. Jonella watched online. It's gutting stuff. I feel her intense pain. I was feeling this a fortnight ago.

But I'm not in a state to go into depth about this. I'm not able to engage above basic empathy at the moment. My brain is fried.

There is the subject of masks - but I talked about that a while ago. More people are wearning them. I wear one when I'm out at the shops. Not when I'm walking. I don't get close enough to people to warrant on at the moment - but if the advice changes, I'll change that. But I'm over talking about the Rona.

Maybe I could talk about my day at work, but you don't need to hear about my battles with Jira and Confluence. These will be ongoing.

The cat is not a subject I'm willing to talk about - I talk about him enough. Besides, I bought him a new cat tree and scratching post. I hope he likes it as much as the laser pointer,

I've been at a computer since 8.45 this morning, with a small break for lunch and an hour out for training in the park. I'm a bit over computers.

Of course, I could talk about spending a good part of yesterday sorting out my car and health insurance. Saved a lot of money. Yay.

Writing about school and how I'm scared to go back next week is an option. But no.

Basically I need to get away from the computer screen and power down.

So that is what I will do.

Today's song:


No comments: