Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I Love Pixar

Level Four Lockdown: Day Sixty-Six

Mood: Tired

I haven't left the house today. Haven't even stepped out the front door of the flat. The day has looked like this:

  • Get up 7 am
  • Shower, make a coffee
  • 7.30 had a coffee meeting with my mate Davo over zoom. 
  • 8.30 Started work
  • 8.30 - 5.30 - Spent the day working on urgent documents. No real break for lunch.Lots of meetings too. 
  • 5.45 - Zoom session with Cleo and Jay - lots of squats - surprise, surprise. 
  • 7.00 - Read my book for half an hour.
So it's been a really full on day, made worse by having a lot of deadlines. Oh well. That's what they pay me for.

Anyway. In a microbreak, I was looking at some click bait, something about sad movie bits. And it reminded me of Bing Bong. From the movie Inside Out. 

I have had Bing Bong in my head for most of the afternoon.

As I don't feel like writing - as I've been writing all day I'm going to share some of my favourite Pixar moments. Why? Because I love Pixar films and everybody needs a bit of Pixar in their life.

So unranked. Here are a few of those moments.

Merida's Brothers in Brave

I love the humour you find in the little moments of Pixar - these movies always have a huge heart.


Mike and Sully in Monsters Inc.

One of the best duos ever. I also have a soft spot for Randall - brilliant super villain. 


The Incredibles - Jack Jack Attack

This is an afterthought  - but wonderful. you get to see what the babysitter really had to put up with. One of the best bits about buying the DVD. If you haven't seen this, do yourself a favour. 


For the Birds

I remember seeing this before Monsters Inc - it's the short. I would have paid my money to see this alone. It's what Pixar does best. Not one word is uttered.


The Sharks in Nemo

Barry Humphries at his best. I went to see Nemo with my cousin in Hobart. Great memories. The seagulls are great too. Mine, mine, mine...


And Bing Bong

For anybody who had an imaginary friend growing up. I did. His name was Sparky.

Bing Bong is awesome.


There are so many more moments. I think I feel a Pixar marathon coming on the weekend.

Today's song:




No comments: