Friday, October 16, 2020

The to-do list

 Level Four Lockdown: Day Seventy-Five

Mood:   Good because it's the weekend

I've got other things to write this weekend apart from the blog. 

The weekend will be busy. On the list of things to do:

  • Meditation class 9.30 tomorrow morning
  • Coffee with friends after meditation
  • Pump class at 2 pm over zoom
  • Try and get at least half an hour of walking in both days. 
  • Go round and see Blarney Sunday afternoon.
  • A Catherine Deveny Write Here, Write Now session on Sunday afternoon. 
  • Get my anthology piece up for the Faber crew (2000 words)
  • And start prepping 10000 words for the publisher's perusal.
Of all the things on the list, the last one is the one which is freaking me out the most. 

It's a shot. It's a humbling and daunting shot. And as with everything I write, I am HATING EVERY LAST WORD I've written over the last six months. But, this is too good an opportunity to let go, and if anything, it's a kick up the arse to get moving on this. 

By the anthology has a deadline (Friday week) and probably has to take precedence. And we have a long weekend next weekend.

I just wish I could camp out at the library, where there is no cat and no television. The television I can turn off. The cat, I cannot - although he comes in and out at regulary intervals, spearing me in the side, demanding treats and wanting to play laser pointer. Love him. He keeps me sane.

But I have work to do this weekend.

Thank goodness for the short week next week. And we might get a few more freedoms on Sunday - hopefully. 

Oh, and why am I slightly disappointed that Port Adelaide lost tonight. It's strange feeling. I hate Port Adelaide with a passion. Is this just state pride? Hmm. 

Today's song: 



No comments: