Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The last day of the countdown

Level Four Lockdown: Day Eighty-Six

Mood: Good

So we're coming out of this lockdown. 

It feels foreign. But it also feels good.

I can take out my daily monitor at the top of the blog.

Okay, we're not out of the woods just yet, but things are going to go back to something that looks a bit more like normal.

So from tomorrow:

  • Retail will be open again
  • It will take five minutes to get out of the front gate because of the traffic
  • I can get a massage (booked for Friday night 6 pm)
  • I can have my eyebrows dealt with (booked from Monday 2 pm)
  • I can get my legs waxed. (Still to be booked in)
  • Pubs and restaurants are open under conditions
  • We can visit people in our 25 kilometre radius - one visit per day, once a day
And all this is good.

Cinemas still aren't back - with no comment as to when they are opening again.

But we're getting there.

And despite the fact there are still some restrictions, it does feel great. 

So, goodbye lockdown tick off - I'm glad you've been up there. There have been ups and downs and I'm glad you've been there as a reminder of how far we have come over the last eighty six days.

I feel just a little proud of my adopted city.


Today's Song:






No comments: