Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Oh, that's right...

 It's been six months - and I'd forgotten about all of this.

Up early, I had to take my car out to the dealership for a service. My car gets serviced in Mulgrave - about 20 kilometres away.

With everything opening up, the traffic has increased. 

Ah, yes, now I remember. 

Thankfully, it didn't take five minutes to get out the front gate. In peak traffic times, it's not uncommon to have to wait to pull into the street.

I got to Burnley Street. Ah yes, that's right. At any given time you have to wait at least two light cycles before you get across Swan Street. Today was no different. But for the last two months, this hasn't been the case. Same goes with the MacRobertson Roundabout. It wasn't banked up, but it wasn't a matter of going screaming around the corner either.

Then there was the Monash - which has been sleepier than a country lane for the last few months. It was back to being a dodgem cars rink at quarter to eight this morning. I've never been one for driving on the freeway during peak times, and though it wasn't back to full peak traffic, it was busier than I've seen it in months. 

After leaving the car at the dealership for a service, I took the loan car, an up-spec Mazda CX-30 home, finding the traffic was okay. For a school day, going down Barkers Road, it was moving - maybe the schools have COVID restrictions on the drop offs. Maybe the times are different. The roads, while busy, were clearer.

But besides the flowing, yet busy traffic, the best part of day was having lunch, with a colleage, in a cafe. Somebody else cooked our lunch, and we sat at a table and ate it. And it was spectacular. 

And I did what we used to to. I took a photo of lunch and stuck it on Instagram. 

And I life feels a bit more normal once again.



Today's song: 





No comments: