Monday, October 26, 2020

That feels better

 Level Four Lockdown: Day Eighty-Five

Mood:  Good.  It's the first day since 9 June where we've had no new COVID Cases. 


Maybe it's because we had no new COVID cases overnight and nobody died.

Maybe it's because I had my hair cut and coloured on the weekend and I don't feel so drab any more. 

Maybe it's because I sat in my bubble house last night with a sleeping cat on my lap while watching Melbourne Storm beat the Penrith Panthers, and felt remotely normal last night. 

Maybe it's because I woke this morning to the cat fast asleep between my knees, all snuggled up - rather than being woken by the critter jumping all over me. 

Maybe it's because I got to see a friend who I haven't seen since July on Saturday. 

Maybe it's because I'm learning to turn off the whingers, who drive me spare.

Maybe it's because my anthology piece is under 2000 words and I'm fairly happy with it.

Maybe it's because the sun is shining. 

Maybe it's because the washing is done.

Maybe it's because the cat didn't throw up, despite best efforts.

Maybe it's because next week is a three day week.

But life seems okay today. 

Today's Song: 



No comments: