Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The End of an Era

 Level Four Lockdown: Day Eighty (With a few restrictions lightened and lifted)

Mood:  Meh - just meh


It's the end of an era. I collected the parcel from the delivery driver this morning. He passed it to me through the gates. I got the negative result for the COVID test about half an hour earlier - 24 hours from test to result is good. I was expecting the parcels. Contactless delivery is great.

Returning to the flat, I opened the box and there were my supplies. Some Clinique cleanser and a vial of perfume was found within.

The Clinique cleanser was a bit of a big deal. See, I've been using Clinique soap on my face since I was sixteen. They've stopped making the extra mild version of the soap - which I love. It doesn't leave your skin dry. I don't know what the extra mild cleanser will be like, but it's the end of an era - not having Clinique soap feels strange. (I could get a bar sent over from America, but that's going to cost five times what I pay for it here - it's just not worth it.)

Tonight, I used the new cleanser. It's not the same as the soap. Sure, it works - Clinique has worked for me for over 35 years - but it doesn't feel the same. It feels strange. My face doesn't feel the same sort of clean. I like the feeling of soap on my face first thing in the morning and last thing at night. And not any soap. It's Clinique Extra Mild Facial soap. 

This new stuff doesn't foam up. 

It's strange. It's the end of an era. When the shops open, I might have to do some trawling and see if I can find a few last bars of this stuff.

It's horrible when your favourite cosmetics are discontinued (Vale Stella by Stella McCartney perfume -worn by half the women in my family - and MAC Viva Glam lippy). 

Oh, the perfume vial in the box. Juliette Has A Gun's Not a perfume. It's sublime stuff. A small vial will keep me happy for a long time. 

Ah well. The things we do in a pandemic. 


Today's Song:



No comments: