Sunday, October 18, 2020

Peachristy

Level Four Lockdown: Day Seventy-Seven (Two more weeks of this - but things are freeing up a lot)

Mood: Joyous - we are slowly coming out of lockdown.

After nearly eightly days, we are finally getting a bit more freedom. Our state has taken a strict and conservative way out of this COVID-19 situation. In July, were were getting around 700 cases a day - yesterday we had one new case. today, there are two new cases. And we're all pretty happy about this. Another two weeks of keeping home for the most part,but you're allowed out to exercise for as long as you want, instead of only being allowed to go 5 kilometre from your home, you can go 25 kilometres. Hairdressers and massage therapists are opening tomorrow. 

For me, this means I can get my hair cut, my car serviced and a massage in the next week. YES! Retail is not due back for another week or so - but we're heading out of this. I'm very happy. 

Onto the questions, provided, as always, by Bev at Sunday Stealing. 

1. What kinds of things do you like to write?

All sorts of things. I'm writing a novel at the moment. I write technical stuff for various compaies for work. I write bad poetry. I write this blog daily - it's been a good exercise during lockdown. 

2. What is your favorite genre of movie

I like a good drama or comedy. I've also got a penchant for arthouse films - love seeing things that are a bit different. 

3. Your favorite song?

This. It always has been. 


4. During what situation do your eyes shine the brightest?

Normally when I'm happy. This could mean I'm doing anything from eating a favourite food, catching up with friends, talking to the cat or going to the the theatre. I'm a fairly happy sod most of the time. 

5. Summer or Winter?

Winter. I lick snuggling up to things. Besides, summer around here is far too hot on a good day. 

6. What do you do when you are angry?

Try and walk it off. I sometimes yell, very occasionally, I'll throw things. But you know when I'm pissed. When I'm really angry, look out. It's really scary. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often.

7, Sleep with lights on or off ?

Definitely off. I can't sleep with the lights on.  Sorry, I can't go to bed at night with the lights on. 

8. Are you ok with eating alone in a restaurant?

Absolutely. Prefer not to, but after travelling the world by myself, you get used to eating alone in restaurants. I'm good with that. 

9. Texting or calling?

Definitely texting. I call when I have to, but much prefer to text. 

10. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?

I have nice eyes, nice ankles and a keen mind. There's a lot about me to like. 

11. How do you act when you’re scared?

Of the flight, fight or freeze reactions, I'm a freezer. Will stand my ground until I work out what to do with the fear. So I tend to go silent, try and make myself invisible. 

12. When you look at the sky do you first look at the moon, or the stars?

If I can see them, the stars - but I love the night sky. We don't see enough of it in the city. 

13. Do you approach strangers when you are lost?

Yes. I'm one of those friendly people who give decent directions to tourists, so I hope this gets reciprocated. I also talk to people on trams - mind you, they are normally people from the country. It's good to be nice to people. It comes back to you - and yes, I feel able to ask for directions. Makes it easier and quicker to get where you're going. 

14. Tea or Coffee?

I drink both, but I'll err on the side of coffee.

15. With sugar? Milk? Lemon? Anything else?

My standard coffee order is a large almond milk, decaf latte. Black tea I drink wth a spot of mill. No sugar in either. 

Occasionally I'll order an almond decaf latee with some vanilla syrup - but that is for special occasions only. 

Today's song: 



5 comments:

Susan said...

The almond mile decaf sounds good. I will have to try that the next time I am by a Starbucks. I have to watch the sugar content. We went back to dine in eating with limited capacity. The same with churches though our church will be outside until the end of the month. It was great getting a hair cut last month after 7 months!

LA Paylor said...

so lucky to be in a country where leadership cares about it's citizens... LeeAnna in Colorado

songbird's crazy world said...

Love your answers. Leadership matters, doesn’t it?

CountryDew said...

Our numbers just keep climbing. We will never get out of here.

Bev Sykes said...

It's always nice to read people who journal daily.