Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Headshot

 Level Four Lockdown: Day Seventy-Two

Mood:  Bored, bored, bored, bored....


I've just met up with the Faber crew. All good. We've got about three weeks until our anthology pieces are due for submission.

One of the great things about the Faber course is at the end of it, they take about 2000 words of your work, get a short bio and a synopsis. 

The 2000 words is easy. I'm tinkering with those. 

I've got the bio. Find below:

Pandora Behr is a Melbourne-based South Australian who works as a technical and corporate writer by day. Outside of work, she is a gin aficionado, Shakespeare boffin, gym junkie and desires to lose the mad cat lady title, even though her cat thinks differently.

She has been published in Backstory Journal, Tirra Lirra, Verandah, Pandora, The Melbourne Poet’s Union Anthology and some other small poetry journals. 

The synopis is done:

It’s Time is a novel about Faith, a broke, divorced, iconoclastic teacher who has a year to arrange her own death. When her friends question her compliance with the government’s directives she decides to stubbornly arrange to go out as disgracefully as she can make it, doula in tow. 
But when pressed, Faith knows she wants to live and now must find a way to buck the system in spite of the fact that life in this near future Australia comes with a pre-determined expiration date.

What is getting me is the bloody head shot. 

They want a head shot. 

Argh. 

I'm allergic to having my photo taken. Hate it, hate it, hate it. They've asked for said headshot in a 300 dpi format, whatever that means. 

But I don't want my photo taken. I hate having my photo taken. I look like something out of crime scene shots in photos. I have about 15 chins. I don't want to celebrate this. Like everybody else in Melbourne, I have isohair - so I'm basically I look like Stevie Nicks on a bad day, with greying temples. I won't be able to see my hairdresser until the day after all this is due in - that's if Dan will let us. 

I'm more mortified about the head shot than anything else about this process. It was almost enough to get me to walk out of the course at the start of the year. I'm very glad I didn't but still, it's playing into every one of my fears about having my photo taken.

I have three weeks to come up with something. Why I can use the image below, which is what I use as my avatar at work, I do not know.




Today's Song:





No comments: