Sunday, January 17, 2021

A-Z Meme

 I'm over painting - but it's nearly over. One big room and a ceiling, and a few doors, and we're done. It's been a huge job - bigger with the sorting, moving and throwing out of stuff. But this too is nearly there - and the book shelve have been moved into the kitchen, and there they will stay until the floorboards go down, whenever that may be. Jonella and Stav helped me do the move - I am truly grateful for their help.

Anyway, on with this week's questions, supplied, as always, but Bev at Sunday Stealing.

A - Annoyance:

People who can't learn their words properly. One of my colleagues keeps going on about having prostrate cancer. I'm not sure how you give cancer to the action of lying on the floor...

B - Bestest Friend[s]:

I have a few. Blarney, Jonella, Jay, Geetangeli and Mariah spring to mind - all have different functions, but all are wonderful and have been round for years. 

C - Car:

Currently driving a 2016 Mazda CX-3 in Soul Red. Love my car.

's

D - Day or night:

As much as I like nights, I get more done during the day. 

E- Easiest person to talk to?:

I get on very well with my colleague, who's also my one up. We can talk for hours. It's cool, though I will say that he can out talk me. 

F - Favorite Month:

I quite like April - not too hot, not too cold, lots of public holidays. 

G - Gummy Bears or Worms:

I'll take sour worms if I can (or jelly snakes, or even better, jelly snakes covered in chocolate). Gummy bears aren't as big over here. 

H - Hair Color:

Currently a mid-brown with a bit of grey around the temples. 

I - Ice Cream:

Yes, please. Absolute favourite flavours are rum and raisin, white chocolate, hokey pokey (New Zealand flavour, vanilla with pieces of honeycomb) and Maggie Beer's burnt fig jam and caramel ice cream - it is astounding. 

J - Jewelry

I don't wear much of it, but I normally have studs in my ears and I love my Pandora bracelets. 

K - Kindergarten:

I went to kindergarden way back when God was a boy. I don't remember much about it other than I used to like it. 

L - Longest Car Ride:

I remember as a kid driving from Adelaide to Brisbane and back. It took a few days to get there. I'm driving to Adelaide next weekend  - that's a nine hour drive. Won't that be fun. Need to go collect the cat from my mother. 

M - Most missed person:

I miss a few people, but I really miss my cat. Lucifer is with my Mum while I paint out the flat. I miss him terribly. 

N - Number of Siblings:

One and a half - one sister, one step-sister. 

O - One regret:

Not travelling more when I lived in Europe. There are others, but this is the one I will share.

P- Part of your appearance you like least?:

My stomach. I can put up with the rest of me, but I would love to know what it feels like to have a flat stomach. 

Q- Quote:

‘Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind." Shakespeare.

R - Reality TV Show:

Not that I watch reality telly very often, but I do have a guilty pleasure in Married at First Sight. It's so bad, its good. Mind you, it's going over and above now so I'm not sure if I'll watch this next series. 

S - Shoe:

I love my Birkenstocks. Wear them eight months of the year. The rest of the time I'm normally in my runners. I also have a great pair of black leather brogues which I love.

T - Time you woke up:

This morning - about 7.30 am. Weekdays I wake up around 6.30 or whenever the cat demands breakfast.

U - Unpredictable?:

Me? Never... okay, sometimes I'm unpredictable - and that's okay. 

V - Vegetable you hate:

I'm not a fan of green beans - be it string beans, runner beans or broad beans. Other beans are fine, but not green ones. Think it comes from having them over-cooked as a kid. 

W- Worst Habits:

Scroling through my phone when bored. I have lots of bad habits, but that one irritates friends. 

X - X-Rays:

Haven't had one in a while. Reminds me, I need to book myself for a mammogram and an ovary scan. Fun. Thankful I'm in Australia where screening is available. 

Y - Year you were born:

I was born the year Martin Luther King was assassinated, Czechoslovakia went through upheaval and the Beatles White Album came out. 

Z - Zoom:

I'm a bit over it - but I have a big zoom week this week - because of a few uncertainties, book group is on Zoom this week as it a Faber workshopping group. It's been great during this pandemic for keeping in touch with people. 


Today's Song:



6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

yes misused words... one of my most aggravating is your,/ you're

Kwizgiver said...

I'm not much of a green bean fan, either--for the same reason. Having them almost mushy was such a major turn off!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Over cooking most veggies ruins them for people. But not black-eyed peas. I hate those devils raw or cooked.
It's great to read your blog, so interesting what you think, and express yourself. I hope you have a good trip to collect the kitty. Safe Travels.

Lisa said...

I love your answer for K-kindergarten! I laughed out loud!!

Bev Sykes said...

Oh, I so identify with your annoyance!

P = I don't think I've ever had a flat stomach!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

You wood never find me using the wrong words; their should be a law against it. Bring on the grandma police. Lock them up in a sell.

;o)

Cheers

PM