Saturday, January 16, 2021

Why do I still have this?

 Some found things - which are now either in the bin or on their way to the charity shop.

  • A Lonely Planet for Greece dated 1999 - prices all in drachma. (Bin)
  • A couple of other Lonely Plantet guides for European countries - at least they are in priced in Euros (Recycle)
  • A Lonely Planet guide of Hong Kong - alas, probably won't be going back there again, unfortunately.
  • Reflexology and aromatherapy course notes - dated 1997. They were in a storage crate in the wardrobe. (Bin)
  • A copy of A Guide to Old English - saved from uni 1987 - I withdrew from the course. (Recycle)
  • A solar powered calculator - used at work in London 1995-1999 (Market)
  • A laptop which was retired in 2015 (Being sent for recycling)
  • A storage container of 'skinny clothes'. Mostly suits and corporate wear. Even when I work in corporate entities I don't wear suits anymore (Market)
  • Three instances of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (One original text, one in modern translation (Nevel Coghill version in rhyming couplets, and a Peter Acroyd version..) (Keeping)
  • One decorative wooden red cat - a present from a friend in London (Keeping - I like it, sits on top of the bookshelves)
  • One spear carrier looking candle holder - present from a friend in London (Keeping)
  • One Lava Lamp. (Keeping - it still gets used)
  • One blue green wooden CD holder shaped like a fish - a present from many years ago (Market)
  • Christmas cards from 2015 (Shredded)
  • An old letter dated 8/12/1987 (Keeping)
  • Far too many half used tubs of red tiger balm (Bin)
  • Far too many tubes of body moisturiser (Keep some, bin some)
  • One ceramic vase - I think it used to leak. Goes to show how often I get flowers. (Keep)
  • One wooden bowl with a Chinese figure on it (Market)
It is the randomness of all of this stuff which has me perplexed. 

My mother has asked I bring over any black dresses when I drive over next weekend - she needs a new funeral dress and my skinny clothes should fit her. 

There's a couple of art books I'm taking over for my step sister. 

As always, the prep always takes longer than the actual painting. Have spent the day washing walls, taping things up, hoovering, sorting, dusting. It's been a big day. tomorrow morning I'll start painting properluy - I ran out of light tonight,, and to be honest, I sleep better on the cooler nights so I want to take this for granted. But I think I might have to take another afternoon off to get the ceiling done. Thankfully I have a lot of holiday up my sleeve and it's not that busy at work. 

Anyway, back to it.

Today's Song:




No comments: