Saturday, January 2, 2021

One down, Three to go

 The spare room is painted out. The walls, the ceiling and the cupboard doors are all done, and done well. I'm a good house painter when I get in the groove, mind you, the cats aren't helping. They want to help, but no. 

Like all jobs I'm fine with, but don't really want to do, I'm finding getting it done in short periods of time helpful. Spend and hour or two on the job, clean up, then do something else. Today was gloss day, after a quick trip to Bunnings to get some glossing rollers (the best thing ever - gets the paint on, the go over quickly with a brush). Yesterday was the ceiling - and I hate doing ceilings, but this was okay. Thursday I did the walls - one careful coat of Whisper White. Tomorrow I move everything back into the spare room, sort out stuff which will be sold on at the Camberwell Market (COVID permitting) and start to move things out of my bedroom. Though I think the only painting which will get done in the week will be the hall way and it's ceiling - and staying this, I have two cats who really want to help - and we can't have that. 

The cats are going home on Friday. 

In the mean time I keep pondering:

  • Did Cleo (trainer) get back from NSW okay, on time, without the need to quarantine?
  • Will my downstairs neighbours be able to get back in a few weeks? (They're somewhere in NSW - decided not to come back
  • Is South Australia thinking about closing the borders to Victoria?
  • Do I really have to go back to work on Monday?
The SA/Vic border is a big thing for me. At the moment, I'm planning to go back to South Australia to collect the cat. If they shut the border again, as long at there are a few days grace, I might have to do a run to the border, meet the folks at the border and collect the cat that way. It's a big hassle for a small cat - a long drive for a small cat - there's a chance we'd meet at somewhere like Penola, rather than on the Western Highway. I don't know. It's a situation which is being monitored. 

I'm just hoping this is all got under control and soon. And maybe they will reverse the decision to let 25000 people into the cricket - and maybe revise the Australian Open, which is due to start on 8 February. There was this excellent op ed in The Age today. Just because you're 'allowed' doesn't mean you shout. Not at the moment. Here in Victoria, we've been through all this. We don't want it again. 

I just want to be able to get my cat at the end of the month. As planned.

But plans were meant to change. Yes?


Today's Song:





No comments: