Sunday, January 24, 2021

Misc Questions

What a day. It's about 41 degrees Celcius outside (106 in the old money for the Americans), but I am in my airconditioned shed, I've been down the beach for a swim, got there before the worst of the heat came in, which was utterly glorious - the skies overcast, the water refreshing - and life feels utterly awesome. Thankfully the cool change is coming through tomorrow.


I'm about to go out to lunch at a restaurant I've wanted to go to for years with some friends. 

It's a good day.

Questions, as always, supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing. 

1. Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?

I'm not sure what a parkway is, but I like the idea of hand-picked flowers. Who am I kidding? I just like receiving flowers however they come (just not lilies and they stain and they make cats sick when they eat them.)

2. Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?

Yes. It has taken many years, but yes. 

3.Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?

I'm a writer. I write my own words, but songs, movies and books are a good place to unpack your feelings. 

4. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?

No. Next. 

5. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?

I wish they would make more independent films with fantastic stories. I love interesting films that are character driven.  

6. Does fashion matter to you?

Not really. I have my own style. Too old to worry about fashion - just what suits me. 

7. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?

Abso-bloody-lutely - if not a greater standard. If you can't do right, why are you leading people to do what you're doing?

8. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?

Probably Rage Against the Machine... Never going to happen, but Killing in the Name has some merit as an inauguration song.

9. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?

 Yes. I'm good at plain English.

10. What is your worst daily habit?

Procrastinating. Saying I'm going for a walk in the morning, then staying in bed playing Words with Friends. 

11. If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled?

Anything on Channel Nine which claims to be a documentary, but is really right-wing propaganda. 

12. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?

I like both. I have a really dreadful sweet tooth, but I like savoury stuff too - my problem is that I have to keep my salt intake to a minimum due to health issues. Ah well. I like my popcorn with a mix of sweet and salty. 

13. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?

Yes. Well I can be precise when I need to be, often to my detriment. 

14. What do you feel the most guilty about?

Leaving my cat with my mother for a month. I've had very bad Mummy Guilt for the last month. Thing is, he's fine - happy to see me, but fine. 

15. Do you meditate?

Yes, regularly. And I see my walks outside as a form of meditation too - just as when I used to run, I found that to be a form of meditation. 


Today's Song:



6 comments:

Stacy said...

106 degrees and the beach? I'm not sure I'd like quite that much heat, but it does sound better than the 19 degrees it is here this evening. Funny, it seems procrastination is a big problem for all of us.

Susan said...

Yes on procrastination. We have a lot of summer days that are in the 100's. We usually have an average winter weather around 68 but we are going to be in the low 50's tomorrow. I love the beach! Furbabies hate when we leave.

CountryDew said...

If I were super rich, now I know what I'd do. I'd go down to Australia in the winter and then back to the US in the summer. And I procrastinate a lot, too.

Kwizgiver said...

I used to procrastinate a lot but now I get anxious when I put things off.

Bev Sykes said...

Oh my lord...46??? No thank you!!

When I was in Australia, I was surprised to see lilies growing wild. I'd only ever seen them in florists.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I LOVE Rage Against the Machine!
Sweet and salty popcorn and also mixed nuts, like we make at Christmas time, are delicious.
Walking while meditating has been a god send for a lot of people. I've done it since I was a teen but really stepped it up for the rest of life. It melts away layers upon layers of stress.
We all get high grades in Procrastination, at least so far.