Thursday, January 28, 2021

Ginventory

 The postie came later this afternooon with a box in which was two bottles of gin (Original Gin Company Blood Orange and Yuzu plus two special glasses). 

And then I look in the cupboard where I keep my gin and there is very little room. 

So, I've got a goal. I am not to buy any more gin for six months. I can buy more gin after June has passed and some of this has been drunk. As the person I used to drink gin with is no longer in my life, I think I also need to find somebody to help me. 

But it's time I took stock of what I have. 

So, here we go:

3 x 500 ml Original Gin Co Blood Orange and Yuzu gin. All full bottles. LOVE this stuff. My Friday drinks tipple neat over ice. 

1 x 500 ml Original Gin Co Summer Peach and Passionfruit (2/3 full) Not as god as the blood orange one, but still good for summer. 

1 x Squealing Pig Rose Gin 500 ml -(2/3 full) An interesting one, again best drunk with ice and a splash of soda. Very dry. 

1 x 1 litre bottle of Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin (Two fingers left in the bottle) This has been what I've been using to make negronis over the last year. It's good for negronis. Next to the bottle is the Campari and Vermouth. They don't count here. 

1 x 250 ml Four Pillars Spiced Negroni Gin (Full) Bought as part of a three pack. 

1 x 250 ml Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin (Full) Also part of the three pack. 

1 x 250 ml Four Pillars Olive Leaf Gin (Full) Also part of the three pack, and why this pack was bought. Have heard too many good things about it. 

1 x 700 ml Beefeater Pink Strawberry gin (3/4 full) Given to me as a gift. Good for hot days. Good for peope who don't like gin. Fruity. 

1 x 500 ml Never Never Triple Juniper Gin (Full) Given as a gift to me this Christmas - a favourite of my friend  Sarey. (She received a bottle of Mr Black Coffee Liqueur from me in return)

1 x 700 ml McHenry's Sloe Gin - (1/3 full)  - found two years ago at a market - ambrosial stuff. Leaked all over my car on the way back from Apollo Bay. Good memories attached here. 

1 x 700 ml Four Pillars Christmas Gin (2017 batch) (1/3 full) Good memories with this too from my graduation party. Nice and spicy. 

1 x 700 mls 78 Degrees Small Batch Gin (1/2 Full) A favourite out of Adelaide. Smooth as silk. Once finished it will be replaced. Lovely stuff. 

1 x 500 mls Mountain Gin (Full)  - another favourite from Mount Macedon. Great pub gin if you can get it. 

1 x 700 mls Jinzu Gin (Full) Leaving gift from my second to last job. Heard good things about it. 

3 x 700 mls Bombay Sapphire (2 x Full, 1 x half full) Gifts from friends for my 50th. Good standard staple gin. The decent gin you give friends who don't really drink gin, but are willing to give it a try. It's inoffensive. 

1 x 1 litre botte of Bombay Sapphire (Full) See about. Bought duty free, back when you could get duty free. 

1 x 1 litre Hendricks (Almost full) - This is my tippler. Love this stuff. Soft as a baby's arse. Drunk with cucumber. If you haven't tried it, do. 

1 x 1 litre Aviation Gin (2/3 full)  - The pride of Ryan Reynolds. For American gin it is awesome. Bought partly for the ad, partly because my brother in law recommended it. 


1 x 700 ml Santamania Premium Madrid Dry Gin (Full)  - Special, special, special stuff sourced at a bespoke bottle shop down Bridge Road. The woman in the shop got me on to Poor Toms Gin that trip. This is also excellent. Different palate to the more traditional gins I drink. 

1 x 700 ml Archie Rose Signature Dry Gin (1/3 full) Have been drinking this over summer. Awesome with Fevertree Elderflower Tonic. Nice and soft. Just like Poor Toms. 

1 x 700 ml Ink Dry Gin. (Full) It's purple. What can I say? 

1 x 500 ml Pot & Still Fig Gin (Full) Got this for Christmas this year off my stepsisters. Can't wait to try it. 

1 x 500 ml Applewood Gin (Full) Keeping the SA theme going. Bought duty free. Allegedly lovely stuff out of Adelaide. 

1 x 250 mls Manly Gin Barrel Aged Gin (Full) - Came out of a taster box. Yet to taste it. 

1 x 250 mls Manly Gin Australian Dry Gin (Full) - see above. 

1 x 1 litre Plymouth Gin (Full) I adore this stuff. It's as smooth as silk. One friend keeps this especially for martinis. I have an empty bottle filled with fairy lights which I use as my Christmas tree. It's special.

1 x 700 ml Melbourne Gin (Full) In a nice box. Not Melbourne Gin Company (MGC) Gin, something else. Intrigued, I bought it. 

And no Gordons - because as I keep saying - life is too short to drink Gordon's Gin. 

And this is why I won't be buying any more gin for a while. 

And if anybody wants to come help me drink this, please shout. 

Today's Song:



No comments: