Saturday, January 23, 2021

I made it

 I made it to Myponga in about 9.5 hours. I left Melbourne at 9.30 am after a rotten night's sleep.

An audio book kept me company - listened to Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall - it's 24 hours long and I've been consuming it over the last few weeks. There's now about 45 minute to go of the book. I have Tim Robbins reading Farenheit 451 for the way back. Looking for respectable podcasts for when I drive around Adelaide. 

I made five stops on the way. 

Ararat for a pee break at the service. 


Kaniva for five minutes to take a photo of the silos.


Bordertown for petrol and lunch - a decent longer break. 

Coonalpyn to take a photo of the silos. 


Tailem Bend for a pee, a drink and a donut (because they do the BEST donuts at the servos there).

Then rolled into my mother's place at 6.30, to find that my cat hadn't forgotten me, though he gave me a bite to tell me that he was a bit miffed. He also hung around a lot, coming out, coming up for pats and generally being a sook. So it seems he still loves me - sort of. 

Mum also had a house full of people, so after a 9.5 hour drive I had to sit down and talk for a few hours.

Needless to say, I'm knackered. 

And I'll do all this in reverse on Tuesday. 

Fun


Today's song:




No comments: